Expert System Closes 2007 Accelerating its Growth
Financial and operational results for 2007, 2-20-2008
Expert System, the leading provider of semantic software that discovers, classifies and interprets text information, today announced its financial and operational results for 2007.
- 40% year over year revenue growth, which has more than doubled in the last three years.
- 30% increase in headcount (more than 140 people and in the various locations in Europe and US.)
- Expansion of the customer base, thanks to the renewed and extended collaboration with current customers (Eni, Telecom Italia, Italian Ministry of Defence, Genialloyd, Tiscali etc.) and acquisition of new ones (Il Sole 24 Ore, Ansa, Internal Revenue Service (Italy), Alenia Aeronautica etc.)
- Launch of a renewed partner and educational program, including the new organization fully dedicated to partner and university training and support.
- Increased investments in research and development activities, with more than 30% of the total headcount dedicated, including the creation of two new research centers.
- Awards: presence in the 100 Most Important Companies in Knowledge Management by KMWorld and in Gartner’s Information Access Technology Magic Quadrant, and AFCEA, which promotes the dialogue between government agencies and IT companies.
“These results prove Expert System’s ability to address the increasing demand of an extremely dynamic market by developing innovative solutions,” said Stefano Spaggiari Expert System CEO. “Our priorities for 2008 include the launch of innovative products that will further demonstrate the power of semantics in competitive intelligence and an increased focus on our geographic expansion in Europe and the US.”
In 2007, the Expert System group continued its growth in the US creating Expert System USA, a dedicated structure with commercial and technical resources. Expert System USA will work independently from the Italian headquarters on the US market, focusing in particular on the OEM market, on marketing intelligence, customer care and mobile.
“It’s a decisive step in the development strategy of the group” says Luca Scagliarini, VP for Strategic and Business Development, Expert System. “Expert System USA will allow us to penetrate this market directly and expand our customer base in the enterprise sector, building on the success we had in 2007 with OEM customers.”