Expert System Launches Cogito Intelligence API on Mashape API Marketplace
16 Oct 2013
Expert System, the semantic technology company, today announces the availability of the “freemium” version of its semantic API on Mashape, the online API marketplace. Cogito Intelligence API is the first API for the semantic analysis of large quantities of unstructured texts for supporting intelligence, counter crime and cybersecurity activities.
Mashape is a marketplace that helps developers discover and easily consume APIs for their products, and enables APIs to be distributed across the developer community.
Cogito Intelligence API provides full semantic processing features—text mining, categorization, semantic tagging, fact mining, and extraction of entity and relationships—that developers can easily add to their analysis platforms and applications for faster evaluation and analysis of documents, web pages, social media data or any big data sets or real-time information streams. Its features include:
- Specific taxonomies of terms (in over 1,000 different categories) for Intelligence, Cyber, Crime and Geographic domains.
- A domain ontology (updated weekly ) with a wide range of diverse topics, for example: weapons, crimes, cyber attacks, points of interest, chemical weapons, controlled substances , terrorist groups, critical infrastructure, world leaders , public companies and more.
- Fact mining to identify events and correlated entities.
- Domain entities and relationships between entities extraction.
- Normalization and identity matching features enhance identification of people named in text.
Visit Mashape to try the Cogito Intelligence API today: https://www.mashape.com/expertsystem/cogito-intelligence-api#!documentation
“Making our API available on Mashape gives developers access to our proprietary and unique technology for creating applications where understanding the contextual relevance of information is critical,” said Mr. Andrea Melegari, Chief Operational Officer, Expert System. “We are excited to be part of Mashape and look forward to greater exposure within the developer community.”