Expert System to Conduct Workshop at RANLP 2007
Conference on Natural Language Processing, 9-26-2007
Expert System, leading provider of semantic intelligence software, which discovers, classifies and interprets text information, will take part in a workshop concerning the Acquisition and Management of Multilingual Lexicons.
The workshop will be held on September 30, in conjunction with the sixth International Conference RANLP 2007 – Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing – taking place in Borovets (Bulgaria) on September 27-29.
The workshop, concerned with the problem of automatic management of lexical resources which lie at the heart of many multilingual technologies, will bring together researchers working on a broad range of problems related to the management of multilingual lexical resources – their acquisition, maintenance, customization, and re-use. The scope of the workshop includes evaluation of multilingual lexicons intended for a broad range of applications: from personalized glossaries for a translation project to large-scale machine-readable dictionaries and databases.
Specific topics of interest for the proposed workshop are:
- Acquisition of lexical knowledge from parallel and comparable corpora, and from the Web
- Porting, merging and domain customisation of existing lexical resources using NLP technologies
- Acquisition of multilingual domain terminology
- Acquisition of translations for multi-word expressions
- Acquisition of translations for polysemous words
- Acquisition of multilingual lexical taxonomies
- Named Entity transliteration
- Acquisition of cognates and loanwords
- Extraction of equivalent free word combinations from comparable corpora
- Applications of multilingual lexicons and their evaluation within:
- Statistical Machine Translation
- Computer-Aided Translation
- Information Retrieval (Question Answering, Text Retrieval, Text Classification and Clustering)
- Knowledge Management
The web site “Workshop on Acquisition and Management of Multilingual Lexicons”, September 30, 2007